Our occupational therapists treat people who are injured, ill, or have a disability, through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. They can help clients to develop, recover, improve, as well as maintain the skills needed for daily living and working.
They can also:
- help you maintain, regain or improve your independence by using different techniques, changing your environment and using new equipment.
- help you, or someone you know, after an accident or illness, or who has a disability or mental illness
- provide assessments and medico-legal reports
- work with children such as those with learning difficulties
- develop strategies to help with a disability or mental health issues
- help improve your confidence in social situations
Occupational Assessment & Therapy
|Assessment and Therapy to improve daily living skills.|
|The purpose of Occupational Therapy services is to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life, particularly those activities that are meaningful to the client.|
|What to expect:
Following an initial discussion to determine your meaningful goals and how best to delivery therapy support services, a personal plan is developed to detail how we will help you to achieve your goals.
We provide services where you need them, such as your home or workplace. We will undertake a comprehensive assessment of your environment to identify your needs and barriers and how best to address them. Recommendations may include adaptative technology/equipment, training and education in its use, adapting/modifying your environment and/or therapy sessions to improve your ability to perform daily activities.
A specific service agreement is developed based on the Occupational Therapy services we will provide you outlining fees/costs.
|Contact to request fee guide/schedule based on services requested. The NDIS Hourly rate is as per the NDIS fee guide.|
|Independent and comprehensive medicolegal assessment and reports detailing your client’s past, current and future care needs, their inability to perform daily activities within their home and community, their need for modifications and equipment, and replacement cost of such items.|
|Various claim types: CTP Personal Injury claims, medical negligence and public liability.|
|Fee Guide: 12 – 18 hours depending on injury complexity and level of report detail. Contact us for the hourly rate and cover.|
Various Assessment Services
|· Activities of daily living assessments
· NDIS functional assessments
· Ergonomic workstation assessments
· Vehicle ergonomic assessments
· Workplace assessments
· Medicolegal assessments
Specialist Work Disability Services
|· Task Analysis
· CTP Rehabilitation services
· Manual handling training
· Group ergonomic training